Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Of cabbages and kings

I decided to put everything that I did this weekend in one post and then do a separate post about what has happened since then just for your convenience, dear readers.

Do you want the good news or the bad news first? I'll give you the bad news because I'd rather end the post on a happy note.

I registered for classes yesterday, which in and of itself is not a bad thing. I was able to register for everything I wanted except photography. I was still waiting on an email from the professor because I don't have the prerequisite. At my school, you have to take a basic into art class before you can take photography. I'm taking photo here, so I didn't think it would be a problem to get signed into the class.

I was wrong.

The prof sent me a rather snooty email saying that if he let in everyone that didn't have the prerequisite, no art majors would ever be able to take the course. So, no, there's nothing he can do.

Jerk.

If I had no experience with photo, then I would understand. I would be sad, but I would accept his reasoning. But I'm taking photo now and this is potentially something I want to spend the rest of my life doing. I'm going to talk to my photo prof today and see if there's anything she can do. I suspect there isn't. I've heard that he can be a not-so-nice person at times, and that's being EXTREMELY diplomatic. I'm consoling myself by saying that even if I can't take photo, I can still work in the darkroom with the photo club. Plus, I had a contingency plan just in case I didn't get in - I registered for the prerequisite. That way, I'll definitely be able to take photo in the spring, scheduling permitting. So, yeah, I was quite disappointed, but I'm trying to look at it in a positive way. If I can't take photo, at least I'll have the prerequisite. And I'll learn stuff in that class. That will definitely be challenging for me. and challenge is good, right?

Anyway, on to the fun stuff.

WE GOT THE APARTMENT!!!

Woo hoooooo!!! I cannot tell you how exciting I am. I want to send out a great big THANK YOU to Ryan and Will for handling all this stuff while my future housemate and I are abroad. Will told me that when they got to room selection, they had all their stuff so organized and Ryan is so tight with the ladies that were running it that they got ushered through the line and got to draw FIRST!! They picked the apartment that's closest to campus, I believe. They've assured me it's in a super location and I don't doubt them. Wanna see some pictures? Of course you do!


Bathroom


bedroom
And why yes, that IS a fullsize bed you see! Good bye, extra long twin!


ultra cool doorlock


track lighting...sweet


is this kitchen amazing or what?


the apartment complex...it's obviously not finished yet, but it will be!

How awesome is that. I am super psyched for next year. It is such a relief to have room selection AND registration completed (mostly) successfully.

Ok, this has been a big blogging morning, and now I should actually get some stuff done. I unexpectedly gained a whole morning because my fiction professor called me at 8am to tell me that he couldn't make it to class today. There's a big strike again, surprise surprise, and there are no buses running where he lives.

I'm not sure exactly what to do this morning, but it'll probably involve laundry and maybe some scrapping. We'll see, I guess.

Until I post again you should look at the apartment pictures and floorplans. Because that's probably what I'm going to be doing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://uqrvalno.com/abke/ianq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fazehiel.com/uhpl/vivd.html]Cool site[/url]

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://uqrvalno.com/abke/ianq.html | http://fplwmabc.com/airf/oiry.html

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home