Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ta-da!

I have a feeling that most of you won't be nearly as impressed with this as I was, but that's alright because it's another one of those "me" things that I've decided to do. Without any further ado, I would like to introduce you to...

The Thankful Thursday board!
I was ruminating the other day (that's a way cool word, btw) about how much I have to be thankful for. I mean, truly. Wow. And I should really be documenting this stuff. Even if it's just a little thing like a warm spring day (which will hopefully arrive soon), there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for. Always. I know I'm sounding sort of like my mom here, but it really is true. So, every week I will make a layout and post it on the Thankful Thursday board every Sunday. Lol just kidding, every Thursday (can I say DUH?). I made the board itself using Gina Miller's BYOBB kit. Everything else is by Shabby P from the Flea Market kit, except for the staples, which are from the Shabby Smiles kit. Fonts are Artistamp, Minion, and Steelfish Outline. I know the font might be kind of hard to read in the preview, so here's the journaling:
Every week I can always count on the arrival of one of Gram’s letters. Sometimes she makes me a card, sometimes it’s a store-bought card, and sometimes it’s a regular notecard. She almost always includes newspaper clippings from the local paper or funny photos. I love getting her letters because they’re a way for me to keep in for me to keep in touch with the real world outside of Paris. Even if it’s just a letter telling about what she did that week, I love to read it because it keeps me connected and up-to-date about her and other people that I miss and don’t get to talk to. I’m not nearly good enough at writing back to her, but I’m so thankful that she continues to write to me nevertheless.

The ironic thing here is that she won't see it unless I print it out and send it to her in a letter. That's why she writes to me - she doesn't have a computer. I guess one of the impetuses (impeti?) for doing this was so I'd have to write her a letter and include this. I am so awful at writing back to people, it's amazing they still send me stuff.

Well, I haven't done my morning pages or any yoga today because I spent all my time after dinner doing the layout, so I'm gonna go do that now. Tomorrow I have no class, per usual, and I'm really looking forward to getting a lot done. I need to do my photo assignment, a bit of homework, and I really should do my taxes. That and write letters to all the people that have written to me. It'll be a good day!

Now let's all go around the blogosphere and say what we're thankful for.

**edited to add** Oops! I forgot to mention yesterday that I got the inspiration for the board from Margie. She makes a "Blessing Board" every day and posts it on her blog. If you want to check it out, you can find it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home