Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bad blogger!

Yes, I know, I've been an awful blogger this week. But it's not my fault! I've been busy! When did I post last? Monday? Well, let me give you a quick recap of my week so y'all know what I've been up to.

Monday: Headache got much, much worse. Went home and went to bed around 9pm.

Tuesday: My first real photo class! AWESOME. We're learning how to develop our own black and white photos. Our instructor is so fun and cool and sooooo talented and I'm so thrilled to be learning from her. And plus, she liked my photos! (the ones I took of the bootylicious ballerina and her bf the postman) After photo, I went to a play with my program (well, most of us, anyway) - Mollière's "L'école des femmes." If anyone knows what this is about, email me, because I didn't catch any of it. Well, I caught a few words, but not enough to really understand what was going on. Discovered that in France, you're expected to tip the ushers. Good to know.

Wednesday: No classes! Got up at a reasonable hour, did some yoga, wrote my morning pages...what else did I do, hmm...not much. Oh I scrapped a page about Will, but I'm not going to post it here because it's another one of those make-you-want-to-throw-up pages. If you REALLY want to see it, leave me a comment and I might send you the link to the gallery where it IS posted. And if you're family, don't count on getting that link lol. I would much rather share my work with total strangers. Love you guys! lol. Wednesday was mine and Will's TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! Wow.

Thursday: Oh, that would be today. Classes pretty much all day. I'm just a little bit stressed right now because my major pretty much exploded in my face today.

Here's the story: I am a self determined major. That means that I pieced together my own program (in linguistics, incidentally) from courses at my school because they don't offer the major that I wanted to do. Because I have a self determined major, I HAVE to do a big senior project. That can be a thesis, or a research thing, whatever, I haven't decided yet. In order to do said project, I have to take a yearlong class that plans it all out. Including those 2 courses, I still have 5 courses to take when I go back next year.

Ok, not a problem, I had it planned out for the next two semesters. However, the schedule was posted today, and two of the courses that I was planning on taking in the fall are now not being offered.

And I couldn't find my advisor on the schedule.

I emailed her, and she emailed me back. She's going to London for the fall semester as part of some program for the freshman. NOT GOOD. Since I'm self-determined, she IS my department. If I can't take those two courses in the fall, I don't think I can graduate with this major. So yeah, I'm just a little stressed right now. I'll be in touch with my advisor and hopefully we can work something out.

Ok, that's enough of that. Happy thoughts! Will is coming on Sunday! Hooray! I'll probably post again tomorrow, but I have a bunch of stuff to take care of. I'll probably get in one more post before he gets here, and then you probably won't here from me for most of the week. But I promise, I will have lots of pictures to share next weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home