Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blue Skies

Wow it's not snowing or raining! Time to scurry outside and do my photo assignment! I really have no idea what to do. The assignment is to take a whole roll of b&w film of ONE subject. And it can't be 36 picture of the Louvre or the Eiffel Tower or something like that. It has to be something no larger than a metro stop, and preferably no bigger than twice my size. Our prof gave the example of one student who took 36 pictures of a bicycle on the street. Something I could circle around is definitely desirable, because that totally opens up the possible shots I could do. She also said we could use different lenses. I figure I'll just load up my backpack with film and every lens that I came here with, find something intereresting, and just play for a while. I really want to experiment with the telephoto lens. I think I read somewhere that if you zoom in while you're taking the picture, you get a cool gaussian blur type effect. I'm pretty certain that the gaussian blur filter is actually supposed to imitate this...so that could definitely be cool

Anyway, I'm gonna bundle up and head out! I'll bring my digital so I can take one picture of whatever subject I find and post it when I get back. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home