Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thankless Thursday

I know that it's Thursday and that I'm supposed to be posting the board today, but forgive me, it'll have to wait til at least Sunday. I had class til 6:30, didn't get home til almost 8, and I honestly just didn't feel like doing it. I had to pack for this weekend. Besides, as soon as I post, I'm going to bed. I have to get up at 5 tomorrow. We're supposed to be at the train station at 6:45 and then leave for Provence at 7am. I'm not certain exactly where we're going, but I know we're staying in a monastary. How cool is that? I will be taking lots of pictures but unfortunately I don't know when you'll be able to see them. We're only going for 2 nights and I didn't want to be responsible for two cameras, so I'm only bringing the film one. I would probably bring the digital if I didn't have the lenses for the film camera, but I don't want to be responsible for that much camera equipment. Besides, practically everyone else on my program has convenient sized digital cameras, not a hulking monster like the one I have, so I can just steal some of their pics from facebook to show you.

I went to the coolest bookstore ever today. It's pretty famous, but I'd never heard of it. Shakespeare & Co? Anyone? Anyone? Well, it's awesome and I am definitely bringing Mom when she comes. It's been around for a while, I want to say like 50 years or something like that, and some really famous writers have been there and even stayed there. There's a loft type place over the bookstore where the now-famous people used to stay. The place it just bursting with character. And books, it's bursting with books, too. And here's the cool part: they're all in ENGLISH. It's run by a British woman. At least, I think she's British. Lots of English speakers there, might be a cool place to meet other Americans. While I was waiting for the rest of my class to get there (we went in lieu of holding an actual fiction class), the people that worked there wheeled out these huge carts full of used books. Since I had nothing better to do, I started browsing. If my class hadn't been late, I would've been fine. But noooooo they MADE me look through the books and I ended up buying one to read on the train tomorrow - Velocity by Dean Koontz. Because I have no self-control, I started reading it when I got back to school.

It's all finished now.

Oops.

Guess I'll be sleeping on the train tomorrow.

Ok gang, I gotta go do my morning pages and then go to bed. I'll be up again before most of you tuck in for the night, so maybe I'll talk to you in a couple hours. Hope everybody has an awesome weekend!

A dimanche.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home