Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Just say no to endive salad

Seriously, this stuff is nasty. I don't know how you can eat it without making a face. That's what happens to me whenever I try. My host parents went out for the night and I was really looking forward to making dinner. I was going to make pasta. Mmmm pasta. Well, I guess they felt bad about leaving me alone for dinner, so my host mom made something before she left. She heated up some frozen crêpes-in-a-box. She also put out the leftover endive salad from last night. Ugh. I figured that if I smothered it with dressing, I'd be ok.

Nope.

Still disgusting.

So now I'm eating my boxed crepes and dipping the bread in the salad dressing. I'm not sure what to do with the salad. I'll probably scrape it into the trash and cover it with a napkin or something so they don't see. Man, I wish we had a garbabe disposal. That would make my life so much easier.

Enough about my dinner.

I did a layout for the first time in a week! I really like it. It's totally graphic, I didn't use any embellies at all. I think it looks like a magazine layout. I attempted to do something cool like adding shadows so it really looked like a two-page magazine spread, but then realized I'm not yet that talented. So much for that lol. Here is what I could do, however:
Materialgirl_2

Man, I am so not feeling these crêpes. She made me 4 and I've eaten one.

Anyway, I think I might have some homework to do for tomorrow. I should check on that. If not, I need to start packing my duffel bag for Mom to take home. Last time when I flew Air Berlin, I had to pay 50 euro to get all my luggage on the plane. I am unloading as much as possible while Mom is here to get the costs down. I'll still probably have to pay at least 40, but we'll see.

I'm gonna go do something mildly productive and hopefully work up an appetite to finish these crêpes. I might need an affirmation for that too haha.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

testing the comments...seems to be working fine.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your layout! Just one question: Where's the stun gun? the mace? Don't the French men come on a bit strong? Mind you, I never had these at my disposal because I had the "evil eye" and could appear very standoffish! This worked in Europe but not in Central America.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. whatever my Carte Orange is faster that ur navigo any day of the week. bring it.

-ry

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that layout of stuff...i think my bags pretty simlar except for the ipod and grammar homework...

~Sarah

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home