Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A little "me" time

I went to the Pompidou Center yesterday, just me. It was a very enlightening experience. Not because of the art, or really anything in particular...just the fact that I can go somewhere by myself and have a good time. Looking at art is a really subjective activity anyway, and it's hard to get the "full experience", whatever that may be, when you're worried about rushing people or holding them up. I found it to be extremely enjoyable. Those of you who know me probably know that it's somewhat difficult for me to do things on my own. It's not that I'm an extremely sociable person, it's just always felt kind of awkward for me to visit places by myself. It just seems like when I go somewhere, it's more enjoyable to go there with friends.

Totally not true.

Ok, not completely untrue. Friends are fantastic (love you guys, especially if you're taking the time to read my blog lol), but there is definitely something to be said for going solo sometimes.

So do yourself a favor this week. Go somewhere just for you, all by yourself. Doesn't have to be for a long time, but it does have to be alone.

This may be sounding familiar to those of you who took my suggestion and bought "The Artist's Way" (Hi Mom and Dad). Yes, it was an artist date. And it is such a good idea!!

So go do it. Right now. Or if you can't go right now, think of where you want to go, and then do it this week.

You'll thank yourself later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home