Friday, February 17, 2006

Le Nouveau Monde

I went and saw The New World today. You know, that movie with Colin Farrell that tells the same story that pretty much EVERY studio, including Disney, has done. I realize this is probably old news for those of you in the states. It just came out in Paris two days ago. They're a little behind as far as movies go.

It was pretty good. I have no expectations for it, so I guess I can say it was better than I thought it would be. I thought it moved a bit slowly and I found the ending to be a bit disappointing, but whatever. The important thing is, I only paid 7 euros to get in! This is big news. I have never gone to the movies at a time when the student discount applied. Normally it's 9 or 10 to get in, so to get in for 7 was thrilling. Plus I split a bag of candy with my friend and we only had to pay 1.50 each.

Sweet.

Anyway, I would say that The New World is a good rental. I wouldn't pay 7 euros to see it again, but I might rent it.

Well there really isn't any other news here....I'm still not really doing any work. My classes are just starting to get rolling (yes I realize I've been here for a month). I'm not going to know how to do any work or right papers or anything like that when I go back to school for my senior year. It's gonna be pretty much awful, I think. You want me to do what? A 5 page paper? Sorry, I'm on strike right now, no can do.

Ok this post is rather rambling and pointless, I'm gonna stop it here.

A toute à l'heure. Peut-être.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh alexis...tell me that was on purpose. it's just too funny.

for starters on re-learning how to do work we should probably review words that though sound the same, are spelled differently.

ex. "to write a paper, not to right a paper."

....we're so screwed...

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home